Radio Garden is a great way to discover music from around the world

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/14/radio-garden-is-a-great-way-to.html

2 Likes

Finally, I can find radio stations where I can’t understand the commercials. I’m popping over to Italy right now. LifeGate Radio is quite upbeat.

1 Like

I’ve been using Radio Garden for many months now - it’s great! Paris has a wide variety of stations, of all kinds of music - but many other places have good assortments, too. I particularly like “Jan’s 78rpm Record Warehouse” in Amsterdam - old 78s from Europe, the U.S. and other places. And there are good stations in South America, Australia and Africa, too.

One thing I’ve noticed is how widely “The House of the Rising Sun” by the Animals is played around the world - not daily, or even weekly, but I’ve run into it in various places in North America, South America, and Europe so far. Some pieces of music have remarkable and unexpected reach in both space and time.

1 Like

They are also very responsive to add stations. I sent in KEXP from Seattle and they got back to be to let me within a day to let me know it was added. There’s another one I use called Radiooooooooo that plays music by country and by year that’s great too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.