Random University Administration Job Title Generator

[Read the post]

3 Likes

Sent straight to my wife. At her .ac.uk email account, natch.

3 Likes

My title at work is ā€œPathogens & Bacteria Wranglerā€, ho humā€¦

1 Like

As a university administrator, I can tell you that some of those salaries are way way too low.

Starting salaries round these part for a receptionist are in the $40-$50k range.

3 Likes

My best salary so far is as ā€œAssociate Chancellor of the Committee on Donor Partnershipsā€, pulling just over $600k. I suspect that my inferior shmoozing would cut that gig short.

Selection bias, or do all the titles that mention ā€˜athleticsā€™ seem to pay better than the ones involving academics?

Oh, ā€œAssociate Chancellor of the Subcommittee for Strategic Athletic Technologyā€, $650k! ā€˜Strategic Athletic Technologyā€™ is a polite euphemism for doping, right?

5 Likes

Yes, it appears that ā€œAthleticā€ titles (as well as ā€œDonorā€ or ā€œInvestorā€) get the highest multiplier.

6 Likes

Thanks for the link. Nothing like the existence of source code to make a dedicated exercise in empiricism seem a trifle foolish, eh?

1 Like

Letā€™s combine with:

Task Force on Donor Communications Tsar. Aye.

Looks legit. Iā€™m not going for the greenbacks, but the satisfaction.

2 Likes

As another (junior) university administratorā€¦ which parts are you around?! 'Cause if the receptionists are making $40-50kā€¦ wellā€¦ I could be making more (not that Iā€™m unhappy!) than I am here at Prestigious Midwestern University.

3 Likes

I am in Toronto, and we are all about the unions! :wink:

3 Likes

Ooh! And Canada! Lucky you.

3 Likes

I think all titles involving eating, donating, and athletics are higher paid than academics, which makes this generator uncannily accurate.

6 Likes

Junior faculty here. If the receptionists are making that much. Iā€™m happy for them, kind of grumpy for me.

2 Likes

This is the best internet all day!

1 Like

ā€œDeputy Vice Chancellor of the Task Force on Learning Communicationsā€

If we donā€™t actually have someone here with that title, Iā€™ll eat my hat.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.