Randy Rainbow strikes again with "A Spoonful of Clorox"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/27/randy-rainbow-strikes-again-wi.html

7 Likes

Oh wow, that may be my favorite of his, all-time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My mom shared this to a family chat, and I discovered my brother hates Randy Rainbow. When asked why, he said, “He’s annoying and a grifter.”

That surprised me; my brother is quite far to the left, and is often sending us stuff that demonizes Trump and the current administration. I didn’t ask for clarification because I was busy when the conversation happened, and now the thread of communication has moved on. I’ll have to ask him some other time.

Personally, I really enjoy what Randy Rainbow does with his videos and am grateful he’s making them.

6 Likes

Grifter? Wtf?

7 Likes

I’m trying to imagine what “grifter” could even mean in the context of an entertainer who doesn’t make any attempt to present himself as anything other than an entertainer. Like, he’s only pretending to be entertaining to swindle advertisers out of their money somehow?

9 Likes

I like his stuff. With kids at home we need more of his style of humor as well as Levar Burton.

God I miss Reading Rainbow.

5 Likes

Right? I have no idea, and it was unexpected.

No idea. I was just reminded of it because this was the video my mom shared that sparked the very short conversation. I was tossing it out here in case anyone else knew what he might have meant by that; if anything happened involving Randy Rainbow I hadn’t heard about.

I just sent a message asking for clarification.

5 Likes

Right? And leprechauns. Where oh where have all the leprechauns gone??

1 Like
6 Likes

2 Likes

God I miss Reading Rainbow.

I highly recommend his podcast LeVar Burton Reads.
It’s like Reading Rainbow for adults.

Also, I don’t know much about it, but LeVar Burton has continued on the Reading Rainbow tradition via the app Skybrary. He had to discontinue using the RR brand due to a copyright dispute.

That one practically wrote itself, but nobody could have ushered it in quite like RR. I lolled aat the Swiffer your mom line.

2 Likes

Loved it! but hoping for a little more of the RR style interview.
Am I too greedy?

1 Like

This one was cranked out quick, within two days of the press conference. He may not have had time to work that out. (And he must have a team helping him pull these things together.)

1 Like

I saw him say in an interview that he puts them together himself at home. Amazingly enough!

3 Likes

Actually, Trump is correct with his strong light idea, in a way. Introducing the right kind of light inside the right body would cure a hell of a lot of ills.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.