Rapper cashes in on conspiracy theories with clothing line

Agreed with all of that… It’s been sad to see her decline into reactionary politics here…

But she’s still a rapper, of course. Plenty of rappers had tread the line between hip-hop and pop, too. Not like that’s a particular

3 Likes

Not at all. And plenty of hip hop artists have weathered adversity and discrimination without peddling antivax woo with school shooting apologists.

It’s tempting to trivialize some one who goes this way but really the fact that this is an opportunity to reboot a career on some level ought to be more disturbing than anything.

3 Likes

Oh yeah… it makes you wonder what causes some to go to the dark side… I’m guessing that her general anti-US views (which are from an understandable anti-colonialist perspective) probably contributed to her going the way she did.

Yep. It does call into question how the media operates along the lines of bothsiderisms…

3 Likes

Absolutely. I really like her music, I just meant that I don’t really consider it to be rap. I didn’t mean the quote marks to be derogatory to her, more a comment on the headline.

She is. :woman_shrugging: It’s not about “enjoying” her music or not… it’s about the fact that she has and does rap in her music. And that she’s been recognized as a rapper by the culture (and the Culture)…

OK, I have edited my original post.

1 Like

Thank U Reaction GIF by Mauro Gatti

3 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.