Realtime simulation of the sinking of the Titanic

Originally published at: Realtime simulation of the sinking of the Titanic | Boing Boing

3 Likes

If I have to listen to Celine Dion the whole time then I’m not watching it.

17 Likes

So let me get this straight. It’s not made of Lego, it’s not tilt-shifted with little people running around, AND I can’t navigate around the 3D animation freely? zzzzzzz…I may be a bit spoiled…

14 Likes

Right? Ain’t none of us around here watching that… :rofl:

8 Likes

Around here that should probably read “one or two things you maybe didn’t know already”…

2 Likes

Simulate me like one of your French ocean liners.

9 Likes

I do like how they included the starry sky. It can be quite unnerving in this time of light pollution to see just how star-filled the skies truly are, and conveys well the darkness and just how difficult it would have been to see the icebergs, human folly aside.

3 Likes

Reminder that there’s a team hard at work putting together a photo-realistic version of the Titanic in UE4

2 Likes

The Titanic sank today 110 years ago, 15 April 1912.

Tax Day Mood

1 Like

I don’t see very many lifeboats in that renderi–oooooh, right.

That’s a pretty amazing environment. I’m tempted to get all romantically wistful about ships like that, but then I remember that for what the tickets cost, I would not have been seeing all that luxury and comfort. I’d have been lying on a damp cot in a steel box down in steerage for the three month journey.

3 Likes

Lucky you - tax day is the 18th this year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you not watch to the end?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.