Rebecca Solnit on Jeffrey Epstein: "In patriarchy, no one can hear you scream"

Best not to actually give your attacker a gun on top of the advantages they already have over you.

1 Like

Nobody has mentioned the fact that it is illegal for a minor to own a handgun–and all of the Epstein victims were minors, many of them runaways, almost all of them working-class kids who were trying to make a little spending money and were fed to Epstein by an intermediary who did not explain that they were being pimped.

Many women in the South own guns and are trained in their use. This, however, is no defense in a court system designed by and for the white affluent male. The primary role of a female-owned gun in such a system is to deter by the fact of its possession.

This is about a cadre of rich sexual predators. I’m rooting for anyone who will take ALL of them down, from Epstein to Trump, Clinton, and whichever British Royal tax parasite(s) were involved.

12 Likes

There certainly is something a bit condescending about a man who says “…if I was a woman I wouldn’t allow myself to be raped because I would [carry a gun/learn kung-fu/make better decisions/etc. etc.]”

14 Likes

Rape is not about sex. Rape is a power play. Rapists try to exert control. whatever the genders and implements involved. But patriarchy seems to rape women more than men and empower men more than women. I await some solution.

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.