Recipients of a 16 million dollar gift house maintain their son is not a financial fraudster

Originally published at: Recipients of a 16 million dollar gift house maintain their son is not a financial fraudster | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“Son, if you’re going to steal millions of dollars you could at least give your dear old Dad a decent share of the loot.”

14 Likes

I was thinking, “Isn’t Ms. Fried part of the grift?” but then I realized it’s actually Vivek Ramaswamy’s mom that’s part of Vivek’s pump-and-dump grift.

Keeping track of the way-too-many grifters’ grifting grifts is tiring.

14 Likes

See my comment above.

2 Likes

Recipients of a 16 million dollar gift house maintain their son is not a financial fraudster

Well of course they don’t think he’s a fraudster: he never fleeced them.

8 Likes

It’s irrefutable that, “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!”

7 Likes

To say nothing of keeping track of their mothers!

3 Likes

For $16 million I will also maintain that Sam is a good, honest boy. Where’s my money?

6 Likes

Blockquote

“Sam will never speak an untruth,” Fried told The New Yorker.

“I don’t care what is said about me, Joe doesn’t care what is said about him,” she added. “Saving Sam is the major project of our lives.

Blockquote

So, basically, nothing either of you say about this matter is credible? I already thought that but thanks for confirming.

3 Likes

Such a tragic, sympathetic story. Anyone’s kid could turn out to be a sociopath, and it’s hard to hate parents for being irrationally supportive.

Oh, OK. I’d like to update my previous hot take to “fuck ‘em”.

6 Likes

“Sam will never speak an untruth,” Fried told The New Yorker.

A lie, on the other hand…

It becomes more and more clear why darling boy turned out to be a grifter.

3 Likes

Don’t look a gift house in the morth.

4 Likes

A grift house, you mean.

4 Likes

I contemplated writing that, but it didn’t follow the simple lettor transpesition.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.