"Recorded Live": a short film about murderous video tape reels

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/03/recorded-live-a-short-fil.html

9 Likes

Cara, I’ve been looking for this since the beginning of Youtube. I remember seeing this short on a Sunday night on TV. I was so afraid that I did not turn on the TV for a couple of days in a row.

11 Likes

I’d completely forgotten about this film. Seeing it again was fantastic! Thank you.

4 Likes

I totally remember this one, and the situational discussions my brothers and I used to have about it…
Why is the key to one private office in the desk of another private business, much less a large magnet? If all the tenants are dead, where are their clothes? Etc.

I really miss the shorts from old HBO. One of the best showcase opportunities small filmmakers had back then.

4 Likes

It had its weaknesses, but my God that twist ending!

3 Likes

Nice nod to the man who was a great pioneer of the art form in the opening scene.

7 Likes

I was disgusted when the monster of magnetic tapes spits the shoes of that poor wretch. The funny thing is that videotape was not very popular at the time. I thought it was a regular celluloid movie, like those in theaters.

I remember feeling scared, but I think the strongest feeling was disgust.

2 Likes

Nice!  

1 Like

This film suffers because it was transferred from a low fidelity medium,

1 Like

How is it that this short is more creepy the 75% of the horror movies out now? Plus, the old grainy film transfer just adds to the whole thing.

3 Likes

What did the letters say?

Illegible letters were par for the course in the seventies. We heard first the letter read aloud.

3 Likes

And no one has yet thought of Brian O’Blivion??

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.