Remains of dog-eaten chew toy resembles scene from The Philadephia Experiment

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/28/remains-of-dog-eaten-chew-toy.html

2 Likes

I haven’t thought of that movie for years.

Now do one from 1942!

3 Likes

You’ll find the rest of the frog, in about 24 hours.

9 Likes

Did you find a camera inside?

1 Like

Reminds me of a scene from Star Trek the next generation.

10 Likes

Looks like some hapless Hogwarts student just splinched their apparation test subject.

9 Likes

I do my best to forget it.

I hope Tricksy is okay.

2 Likes

How do we get the lizard out of the rock?

They do this all the time on Legion

legion

4 Likes

I grew up near Camp Hero, purported home of the purported Montauk Project where the weird science of the Philadelphia Experiment was supposedly developed.

Can confirm. There are disembodied toad parts embedded in many random surfaces. Also the occasional screaming human skull appears in your cabinets.

5 Likes

On a related note, I posit that Eddie’s disappearance from the world (Eddie and the Cruisers) had something to do with The Philadelphia Experiment.

4 Likes

Well that’s a bit on the dark side.

2 Likes

@beschizza

Legit question, is your dog as pretty as Michael Pare?

OH MY GOD!

I figured it out! (I just started re-watching TPE)

NEEDLENOSED NED FROM GROUNDHOG DAY!

He’s the “linchpin”!

2 Likes

Clipping… In games it’s a glitch, in tv it’s a plot point. :rofl:

1 Like

lava

5 Likes

As someone who has had to surgically remove many a chewed toy, and unknown miles of necrotic intestines, please only let your dogs have chew toys that are destructible when you can directly observe them.

Also, rope toys are the worst for causing obstructions by far.

Also, no toys that begin to approach tooth hardness (unless you like premolar slab fractures).

But I do have some funny and not tragic GI FB stories (like the mini-build a bear that stared right back at us when we opened the intestine to find out what was in there, or the dog that ate a plastic ball, the owner who didn’t recognize it and tookit home to his wife for identification, and then the repeat surgery the next day to remove the exact same ball…).

5 Likes

people toys are tastier

you already clicked, didn’t you?

Isn’t that Lt. Shue Toye?

2 Likes

I think so yes.

1 Like