Remembering the eerie Ghost Parking Lot of Hamden, Connecticut

Originally published at: Remembering the eerie Ghost Parking Lot of Hamden, Connecticut | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Genius. Bless you, Popkin, for bringing this to my attention.

4 Likes

I’ve had this ghost parking lot on my list of Things To Boing for a while now … because I grew up in Hamden. I played in this parking lot. It was next to my high school, and I remember the day they demolished it, too.

Fun fact I discovered over Christmas: these parking spots were recently converted into electric car charging ports. Which is some weird kind of irony.

10 Likes

I got curious what it looked like when “new”…

c/o hamdenhistoricalsociety.org

11 Likes

When I was a kid my parents were part of a church bowling league, and the bowling alley for when we played the New Haven church was in this shopping center, so I saw this back in its heyday.

As a kid I initially thought “man, those people shoulda moved their cars before they paved.”

8 Likes

Johnson Lanes! By some miracle, they’re still there.

5 Likes

Ooh it’s even better with the lanes painted. Bless you likewise jbmonkeythumper!

2 Likes

That is cool.
A shame that it is gone.

1 Like

The “ghost” part is more obvious in that context…

ghostwall

2 Likes

That looks a lot like when I’m playing microsoft flight simulator and land a plane on a city street where the game tries to create an accurate landscape based on satellite imagery and street mapping services but it ends up just melting the cars into the streets as a surreal abstract art piece.

1 Like

Built by SITE, creators of the post-modern facades of the old Best store chain: Best Products - Wikipedia

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.