Report: no touchbar for redesigned 2021 MacBook Pro

I showed this picture to my wife and she’s very interested in something like that for herself. Did you work from a plan or did you just work it out on your own?

She has a Macbook for personal use and a Microsoft Surface for work, and she’d love the ability to dock them both (not at the same time, of course) and use an external keyboard and monitor.

I did work it out myself, but I drew it up in CAD, so I can supply the secret blueprints (with some notes).

I just kind of dumped the drawings in there but hopefully it makes sense and has enough dimensions that you can customise it. I changed the design a bit based on lessons learned, and to remove the more me-specific features, but it is pretty much exactly what I built mine from.

If you happen to have a 3D printer, I can provide files for the custom fixtures and cable clamps, but TBH your local hardware store probably has better options anyway.

2 Likes

Apple Store currently shows a max of 32 GB for the 13 inch and 64 GB for the 16 inch, btw.

I hate the touch bar mostly because—unless your fingers are somehow oil-free—it leaves a horizontal smear on the bottom of the screen. :confounded:

Still love my 2011 MBP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.