Republican plaintiff says Obama is a bad man for allowing Republicans to call it "Obamacare"

[Read the post]

2 Likes

This from a man who insists that everyone refer to him as if he’s some kind of monarch. America fought a goddamn revolution so we wouldn’t have to answer to a King, you hypocrite!

23 Likes

But Mr. King said that he was not really worried about the outcome of the case, King v. Burwell, because as a Vietnam veteran, he has access to medical care through the Department of Veterans Affairs.

10 Likes

Right Wing Loony spurns Obamacare and insurance — but blames Obama now that he’s going broke and blind!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/conservative-spurns-obamacare-and-insurance-but-blames-obama-now-that-hes-going-broke-and-blind/comments/#disqus

5 Likes

I wonder what his feelings are regarding the history of the n-word and it being appropriated into parts of black culture…

1 Like

He’s since had a change of heart.

Glad to hear it, and I hope he’s seen the light!

Wow, David M. King is poster-boy “useful idiot”:

• He’s been assured by his handlers that trashing people’s healthcare subsidies won’t actually hurt people, and he doesn’t question this.
  • He doesn’t seem to care what happens (others might lose access) because he’s “got mine, fuck you” through VA care.
  • He demonstrably doesn’t even understand the game being played (he thinks naming it “Obamacare” was narcissism?!)
  • He has no skin in the game and admits he’s not worried about the outcome… underlining that there is no terrible grievance he is suffering that he must litigate against.

What a piece of work.

13 Likes

I’ve heard several GOP members refer to Obamacare as the Affordable Care Act once again. It could be because the GOP no longer wants to completely scrap the program and about half of Republican voters think the ACA is completely different than Obamacare.

11 Likes

As demonstrated for great amusement/frustration by Jimmy Kimmel.

11 Likes

I figured this would happen eventually. Once everyone using “Obamacare” as a pejorative realized the act is not as universally despised as they hoped it would be it would occur to them that continuing to call it “Obamacare” might just mean people 50 years from now will know who was responsible.

11 Likes

From the New York Times article:

The name often used for the program, Obamacare, is enough to upset anyone, Mr. King said, and suggests that the president is “a narcissist.” (The term was actually coined by opponents of the law, though Mr. Obama has sometimes used it.)

Whoa, whoa, whoa! The New York Times shouldn’t be bringing up facts here. I realize they’re part of the librul media, but this is pretty blatant even for them.

5 Likes

“This case is not about destroying health care,” Mr. King said. “It’s about the law, the rule of law. You can’t have a pen and a phone and decide to change the world.”

And if the court doesn’t decide in his favor, what will he say about the “rule of law” then?

Prediction: “activist judges!”

6 Likes

This is a pretty standard NYT tactic. They like to let people who are fairly low down on our societal totem pole hoist themselves on their own petards. It can be amusing when it’s done to an obvious grifter like King.

They don’t do this to “a high ranking administration official”, or “someone knowledgeable about the…” or any of the other anonymized insiders whom they quote with regularity. Only low ranked individuals.

4 Likes

I wish he’d interviewed my family member who understands the terms are synonymous but thinks it’s an exact copy of the Canadian health care system.

This is not someone prone to fabrication so I still wonder where the hell they got that line from.

1 Like

What if i agree to give up the pen?

Then you must take up the sword.

3 Likes

I think the term was first coined as an analog to “Hillarycare,” which worked out to be a bit of an albatross for the Clintons. The GOP hoped to hang this one around Obama’s neck, but didn’t count on one thing: no matter how many times they tell people to hate the law, many go with their actual experience instead.

3 Likes

That’s unfortunate. There’s also not really a “Canadian” health care system, it’s a patchwork with each Province offering somewhat different versions. Held together by faith, trust and maple syrup.

3 Likes

hmm, do you think there might be a causal relationship between decency, respect, humility, good health, and politiness with annual consumption of maple syrup?

i’m gonna have to run a double blind pancake test, stat!

4 Likes