Research files on El Salvador abuses stolen from human rights group just after they sued CIA over those abuses

[Read the post]

2 Likes

CIA spokesperson Dean Boyd told Stranger, “Your suggestion that CIA had anything to do with this alleged activity is offensive, insulting, and patently false.”

It wouldn’t be offensive if it was false.

11 Likes

I wish it was difficult to believe that an arm of the US government would break in and steal property from law abiding citizens, and that it would be unthinkable that the information gained from that theft would be used to assist intimidation efforts in El Salvador.

I wish I lived in that world…

4 Likes

“The files include sensitive details of personal testimonies and pending investigations”

Please, please, tell me the fucking drive was encrypted.

5 Likes

Um, LOCKING UP VALUABLE STUFF AND PROTECTING IT? Might be a good idea. There are these things called SAFES that are hard to get into and very heavy to move.

Maybe some of these organizations ought to EXPECT the gummint to steal their shit!

But encrypting it would mean they’d be unable to leave unencrypted misinformation lying around for 'em.

"CIA spokesperson Dean Boyd told Stranger, “Your suggestion that CIA had anything to do with this alleged activity is offensive, insulting, and patently false.”

Put this on the timeline of “initial denials, subsequent confirmations”. Ok, it isn’t a “suggestion” let’s make it an accusation and have the propagandist/spokesperson give their answer under oath and agree to prison time if proven ‘mistaken’. the propagandist/spokesperson has no “skin” in the “truth game” and is simply a paid liar who may accidentally not lie on occasion.

I still haven’t seen this movie, but my impression is it offers one such example in an easily digestible form

The article says the computer contained “copies of the files, testimonies, and personal information of Salvadoran survivors.” It conspicuously doesn’t say that they were the only copies.

(Also, I wouldn’t stake anything I cared about on the CIA not having access to professional safecrackers, just sayin’.)

The CIA was also offended and insulted about the patently false accusation that it illegally spied on the US Senate commission investigating Torture claims against the CIA… then it turned out to be true.

Still waiting for the apology on that one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.