Restaurant's mistreatment of workers included bringing in "priest" to hear their "workplace sins"

Originally published at: Restaurant's mistreatment of workers included bringing in "priest" to hear their "workplace sins" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

In a decent country things like this would just make people quit, because they wouldn’t have to worry about losing their health and home if they couldn’t instantly find a new job. :angry:

20 Likes

7 Likes

and the management chain, all the way to the owners, would be in jail.

10 Likes

Taqueria Garibaldi

It’s the least of their sins, but…c’mon.

Edit: okay, I apologize, I just found out there is a Garibaldi region in Mexico City.

Why the Italian flag, though?

3 Likes

They don’t need no priest! What they need is a new mascot, The Buddy Christ.

Put this guy out front, and all your culinary sins will be lightly fried in oil, to a crunchy texture.

4 Likes

It could just be the colours of the Mexican flag. We’re really bending over backwards here, though.

2 Likes

From this article:

After centuries of secrecy, the French Bishop’s Conference (CEF) has decided it will be more transparent by equipping priests, bishops and deacons with digital, scannable identification cards. No bigger than a bankcard, the IDs will certify whether or not its holder is fit to perform a sermon or has the right to hear confession.

Priests who “break the seal of confession”, or are of a mind to do so, naturally will not have that right, and their QR codes will say so.

For whoever shall dare to reveal a sin disclosed to him in the tribunal of penance we decree that he shall be not only deposed from the priestly office but that he shall also be sent into the confinement of a monastery to do perpetual penance. 1

The manager who ordered this may have been acting out of purely cynical motives, or he may have even acting out of cynical motives intermingled with what he thought he were sincere religious beliefs. If it was the latter, he might be looking at excommunication.

3 Likes

Duh. I just spaced on that!

2 Likes

The employee said the person told workers to “get the sins out” and confess if they’d stolen from the employer, been late for work or had bad intentions for their employer.

WTAF

2 Likes

“Bless me father, for I was sinned; I’ve been thinking that my boss fucking asshole.”

4 Likes

**pulls up calculator

Yep, after putting up with that bullshit everyone gets… $4k.

2 Likes

But wait, aren’t they still swearing to GAWD when they take an oath in court to state that they were being mistreated?

You do solemnly state that the testimony you may give in the case now pending before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.