Revealing the innards of fruits and vegetables with stop-motion animation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/20/revealing-the-innards-of-fruit.html

4 Likes

For as meticulous as his animation skills are (and as beautiful and enjoyable the result), he is markedly lacking in vegetable slicing skills/strategy.

also obligs, Just Look At 11sec!

4 Likes

Which ‘hidden patterns’ were ‘revealed’?

I don’t think Leonard Nimoy is going to be knocking at his door looking to make the next edition of In Search Of.

1 Like

“Of all the objects in the world through which I might painstakingly slice, what would give the most surprising results?”

4 Likes

Seems like a mandolin slicer would’ve made his life easier.

Not sure if would’ve reduced the likelihood of injury, though.

3 Likes

Check out this slicing (Strata-cut) clip.

7 Likes

The guy spends a couple of days making something beautiful, puts it out there for others to enjoy, and gets … snark.

1 Like

I think it only fair if he had also been progressively sliced away and filmed by, oh say a cucumber

2 Likes

I’m always loaded for snark…but I found the video delightful!

1 Like

Scientists created the most detailed reconstruction of the human body ever made by using ultrathin slices of cadavers.

3 Likes

IKR?!? I was cringing, wanting to sharpen his knife and make him watch some Jacques Pepin knife skills videos.
But lovely results.

3 Likes

So Cool! I wondered how this was done.
Thank you.

1 Like

It made me think of Edwin Abbots Flatland

2 Likes

Here’s one I just made, not knowing what else to do with a thousand-piece puzzle I’d just finished!

6 Likes

That was beautifully realised, and the behind the scenes footage was the icing on the cake.

@Scott_K Extra House Points for finishing on the cat’s eyes.

2 Likes

I’m just linking some vids here - there are more on YT.

Obligatory:

2 Likes

Or starting with the cat’s eyes.

2 Likes

What!? Are you calling reverse footage bollox on this animation?! Shocking! Clever! But Shocking!

@LutherBlisset I guess that with a CT Scan, you’ve still got a whole fruit when you’ve finished. That’s like having your cake and eating it.

1 Like

A turducken?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.