Review: American Standard 735125-400.020 Toilet Tank Lid

Uh, yeah sure, and all.
But… where does the moldering carpet come in?

4 Likes

Well, Mexico is indeed in America, China not so much last time I checked.

4 Likes

Well, you linked to an article about China’s culture of “chabuduo” a while ago, what did you expect: Chabuduo: China's culture of "it's fine"

2 Likes

Not MY America!

[/s]

I don’t get it. They’ve got to ship dozens, maybe hundreds of these things every day. Why would they screw up the packaging so badly? It costs them money to send replacements. I am reminded of an occasion many years back when I was responsible for ordering some cabinets and it took three tries before the supplier finally put some big cones on top of the shipping box to keep it from getting crushed somewhere along the way.

As for this tank lid, clearly the solution is to invest a few dozen hours into making an elaborate 3D model such that an appropriate mounting bracket can be 3D-printed, ensuring an even fit. And the cracked one must be subjected to kintsugi.

7 Likes
  • Toilet tank cover only
  • For use with Cadet one-piece compact model toilets
  • Vitreous china
  • White Color.American Standard-Style That Works Better
  • 1.28 GPF

The… lid has a gallons-per-flush rating?

3 Likes

Review:

It’s a great weapon in a bar fight. Take from experience.

10 Likes

On a side-note, why don’t American’s use dual flush toilets like in Australia? Surely the Californians would be onboard with this idea?

2 Likes
8 Likes

A - how often do you need to weigh your cats?

B - I first misread this that your cat died after less than a year :frowning:

10 Likes

dual flush toilets are common in lots of places around the world, it’s always a bit jarring to me when I see an American style siphon flush toilet these days.

For older single flush toilets it is not unusual to put a brick or bottle in the tank to reduce the amount of water that is used. Is that common practice in the US?

5 Likes

Have you tried lifting it off and on again?

17 Likes

Well, at least something in your house can be opened without 6 months of effort and a certified safecracker.

8 Likes

Baby scale dead dead de-dead de-dead! Baby scale – dead dead de-dead dead! Baby scale dead dead de-dead de-dead! Baby scale!
Used for cats dead dead de-dead de-dead! Used for cats dead dead de-dead de-dead! Used for cats dead dead de-dead de-dead! Used for cats!

7 Likes

They’re more and more common in the U.S. But your average house toilet might last you 40 years, and they’re annoying at best to replace, so there hasn’t been a huge rush to get a slightly better toilet.

4 Likes

don’t know if their is a royal seal for the british standard institute item but I know the french have different way
their mechanism is fitted to the lid

I think he’s naturalized.

5 Likes

Amazon is doing to shopping what Facebook is doing to society.

2 Likes

Coming soon … urinals … WITH LIDS!

1 Like