Review of a figure drawing posable mannequin

Oh, wow.

I really, really want one of those. But “Price Available Upon Request,” and we all know what that means…

I’ll ask anyway. Maybe I can convince the local hackerspace to buy one.

I really got off topic with my comment and I apologize for that.
But, it’s true. I do get bored with classical schools of drawing, painting, and sculpture. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the learned skills that were involved in their creations. It’s just that “technique” passed from master to student in styles that were popular in their day tend to look all too similar. Don’t forget, most art was made for the church, and the wealthy and gazing at ideal beauty was what they wanted. Until the turn of the 19th/20th century the art world wide was based on that principle. In fact, the more the student’s work looked like the master’s the higher the student’s abilities were regarded. Of course there were exceptions. I’m a product of my time in that I really like the individualism afforded artists for the last 130 years or so and that includes art that isn’t always easy to look at.

No offence taken. I appreciate a good argument and you do make a good point about the difference in the understanding of art and individualism in different time periods. Cheers!

1 Like

It was fun!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.