Rick Astley and Blossoms cover The Smiths in secret set at Glastonbury Festival

Originally published at: Rick Astley and Blossoms cover The Smiths in secret set at Glastonbury Festival | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That was wonderful. Despite having been treated as a bit of an internet joke, I’m glad to see Rick has become respected elder rocker these days and is doing some coolly awesome stuff like these covers.

9 Likes

Welp, these days I’d rather see Rick Astley perform Smiths’ songs than Morrissey.

6 Likes

Once he took ownership of the Rick Roll, he seemed to gain a new energy.

Indeed, it is great to see artists rescuing young Steven’s lyrics from the bigoted mouth of Old Man Morrissey.

6 Likes

Rick turned out nice, very much the opposite of Morrissey. One an all round nice chap, the other a poundshop-fascist with a daffodil fetish.
Life is unpredictable.

2 Likes

He has certainly polished up a treat.

2 Likes

Rick was a drummer? No wonder him and Dave Grohl get on!

3 Likes

There are few things more delightful than listening to someone talk about something that they love. I’ve watched a few episodes of “What’s In My Bag”, but this was one of my faves. I’d listen to him talk about records I know I dislike because he’s just so keen to tell you why he loves them.

1 Like

That is exactly the word that kept popping into my head during that vid. So fun.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.