Right-wing lies do better on Facebook

I’m still predicting that Ivanka will set up as a competitor to Goop to peel off the right-wing segment of that particular woo market.

2 Likes

bryan cranston bing GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Probably some neo-pagans? Wiccans and the like perhaps? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I have come across pagan mutual aid groups, but they tend to be similar to anarcho-Christians in practice. They might do a spell or ritual for your recovery and wellbeing (with your permission), but that is in addition to medicine and care, not instead of.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah, sounds about right. Like many other sort of cultural things, there is a left-right split there. There are left-wing pagans, but there is also hard-right pagan groups who align with fascism. They seem especially interested in Norse myths and reviving that as a set of cultural practices.

2 Likes

We have one locally. They work out of the Catholic Worker storefront in Cleveland, but your point is still accurate. The big leftist common lies I’ve seen, other than some of the Tankie stuff, is much more focused around bad security and protest advice. It can be damaging, but doesn’t lend itself to Facebook spread in most circumstances.

2 Likes

There are some left-ish acupuncture practices.Thier thing is making it affordable and accessible to people, so it’s hard to get really het up about.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.