Ringleader of college admissions scandal now admits he helped over 750 families sneak their way into college

Right! I was shocked to learn that it was actually illegal.

11 Likes

Right? I keep coming back to that – this one “massive” scandal is less than the proverbial tip of the rotten iceberg.

7 Likes

I can’t help but think that figure is just the tip of the iceberg - the clients of just one fixer who got caught. I’m sure the children of all those parents who paid shady tutoring, college test prep, and related services should be sweating, too. However, I doubt it for the same reason you mentioned. Privilege is one hellava drug.

8 Likes

Meanwhile, I was turned away from a top tier graduate program because despite having extremely compelling application materials because it wouldn’t be “fair” or “objective” to ignore my GRE score (which has no correlation with academic success).

1 Like

Jinx!

Bummer, I don’t drink Coke. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I read this in a Krieger voice.

(“I don’t drink coke”)

3 Likes

Socialize aaaaaaaalllllll the things.

2 Likes

Lets see 761 x $50k, i hope he paid his taxes on his crimes…

I’ve never heard of a better reason to reopen Trump University, all these students just got a free transfer or their diplomas switched over.

2 Likes
16 Likes

What is a board chairman doing with a yacht?

Oh how i wish we could get private money out of higher ed.

13 Likes

Smart kid.

3 Likes

Kushner paid only $2.5M to jump the line at Harvard? That’s really cheap. It takes $1M to get into the 92nd St Y, a New York preschool:
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline////////shows/wallstreet/wcom/92memo.html

3 Likes
13 Likes
19 Likes

Most succinct summary I have seen yet.

15 Likes

19 Likes
16 Likes

I’m sensing an incipient outbreak of affluenza, a veritable epidemic about to break upon us.

8 Likes

I wonder if any of them have graduated yet - has this been going on long enough for that? If so … are their degrees forfeit, or do they get to keep those particular proceeds of crime?

8 Likes