RNC backs Trump's military transgender ban: A 'disqualifying psychological and physical' condition

‘Disqualifying condition’, eh? I believe we should test this. Howzabout a Battle Royale-style experiment? Trans combat troops vs. the RNC. We’ll give the RNC, ooooh, a 5-1 numerical advantage, let’s say? Everyone gets a knife, some paracord and an entrenching tool. All other weapons are bricolage only. That ought to science the shit out of the question, sez I.

8 Likes

And almost certainly not a military veteran or a parent or partner of a serving soldier.

But still gagging for war - so long as it is fought by poor, Christian, straight kids.

3 Likes

Much as I dislike this; what really disgusts me is lgbt orgs prioritizing discrimination in military employment for sexual orientation over passing ENDA for all workers.

It’s going to be a decade before that opportunity comes again. And same sex & folks getting married and trans folks can still get fired or lose their housing.

6 Likes

That’s too bad, of course, cause we aren’t all terrible and we got some fun things to visit. But can’t say I blame you, though.

4 Likes

Absolutely, I even know some and have a bit of family there.
It’s that scary minority that put me off :smirk:

4 Likes

Given their outsized control of national politics right now… you’re not wrong to be put off.

2 Likes

It could change; here’s hoping :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Agreed. I see things around me where I live that reflect what I’d like my country to look like - diverse, welcoming, not EVERYTHING a chain store owned by a massive corporation, support for those who are struggling… the elements are there, we just need structures in place that supports all of these ideals.

4 Likes

I’m completely tired of this. How are we supposed to teach our children to be decent humans when the one person the whole country is supposed to be able to safely emulate is a racist, transphobic, homophobic, rapiey oligarch piece of shit?
I have my problems with pretty much every president but I would always be able to use them as a superficial role model especially for little kids. But holy fuck this guy takes the cake.

3 Likes

There is (or used to be) a trans woman in the SAS reserves, I’d put her up against the entire RNC. If you film it you could release it as a remake of Rambo: First Blood.

5 Likes

That’s a good point, you’d think they would be up for putting all the “deviants” in the front rank.

They (conservatives and reactionaries) assume that we would immediately defect to the other side.

The reality is that being closeted is a far higher security risk, but then they would have to admit that their worldview is completely wrong.

1 Like

I can’t like this comment enough.

It’s amazing how the Republicans can take a position I’m so overwhelmingly in favour of (reduction of the size of the military) and do it in a way that makes me against it.

3 Likes

(Note: sorry for the expletives but I’m really tired of seeing conservatives talk down to trans people)

Yet every time I take a look at the trans people I’ve known throughout my life besides myself, the older ones served in the military and in some cases were in the Vietnam war (knew some really old biddies, hehe). So I really don’t want to hear bullshit from social conservatives about how unstable trans people are when like most of the LGBT community we tend to serve double the rate of our straight/cis counterparts. Some of us take more shit than most folks realize. And often some of us do it willingly in the process. You don’t live for years with dysphoria without developing a really thick skin when it comes down it. I’d like to throw some of these pasty social conservatives into the fray to see which one wets themselves at the horror of war.

3 Likes

I simply can’t accept politicians as a qualified source when determining what is and is not a disqualifying condition. The gender rights angle as nothing to do with it for me. Until a scientific quorum supporting their position has been reached, political backing of any such exclusion for service has no merit and should be treated as ignorance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.