Trump announces ban on transgender military service

If only we could now ban it for everybody else, also! /s

5 Likes

great! i am exempt from participating in imperialist bullshit. little did u know i never wanted to in the first place

9 Likes
13 Likes

If there is any BS rhetoric I donā€™t buy - itā€™s the US finding an excuse to avoid military spending

18 Likes

I donā€™t know why Iā€™m surprised that he doesnā€™t know what the ā€œTā€ stands for. Or probably any of the other letters.

12 Likes

I think he thought he was talking about fans of Campbellā€™s alphabet soup like himself.

3 Likes

Insert ā€œt-blockerā€ joke here! /s

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty tired of hearing rich, old, white men telling me about what costs too much to deal with on this planet.

15 Likes

I would say that Trump is a man who knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing, but he doesnā€™t even know how much things in the real world cost.

9 Likes

I have, just this moment, realized that the shortness of breath with no apparent cause that Iā€™ve been complaining about to my doctors for the last 6 months ā€¦ isnā€™t physical. Itā€™s the constant suppression of screams of rage.

11 Likes

Perspective.

"ā€¦Even clearer is that the medical costs are minimal. The report says gender transition-related health careā€”not just surgeries, but also ongoing care such as hormone treatmentā€”sets the US military back between $2.4 and $8.4 million per year. Thatā€™s between 0.04% and 0.13% of its total medical budget.

By comparison, Trumpā€™s vaunted trips to his Mar-a-Lago ā€œwinter White Houseā€ have been estimated at $3.6 million each. The leftist Center for American Progress think tank guesses his 11 total trips to Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster golf course since taking office have cost $29 million. (Politifact only rates this estimate ā€œhalf trueā€ as there are lots of variables to each tripā€™s costs. Even so, it writes, ā€œItā€™s reasonable to assume that Trumpā€™s multiple weekends at Mar-a-Lago cost taxpayers millions.ā€)"

8 Likes

To anyone who still says we canā€™t impeach Trump because then weā€™d end up with a religious conservative President who would enact regressive anti-LGBT policies: I respectfully disagree.

12 Likes

Itā€™s bigots all the way down.

10 Likes

If anything, doing so would just reduce the risk of me waking up to the sound of air raid sirens because Lord High Fuckweasel the First tweeted a declaration of nuclear war against North Korea because of something he saw on Fox and Friends.

EDIT: literally five minutes later this crosses my timeline and Iā€™m about ready to just throw myself off the fucking balcony because OH MY GOD:

7 Likes

All those people kicked to the curb so that 45 could have his fucking wall funding.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Iā€™ve said this before: If they want a fucking wall just have all the stinking trumpers stand arm to arm along the border and do it themselves. Fuck those inbred morons.

MrRogersFlippingTheBird

11 Likes

Itā€™s almost as if he really wants people to dislike him.

4 Likes

I have quite a few career military people in my extended family, and every single one ā€“ even the self declared Trump haters ā€“ are cheering this decision. The logic theyā€™re all using is that any sort of ā€˜conditionā€™ that requires any kind of medication, ongoing treatment, or periodic medical care should disqualify you for military service, because it will lessen your battle-readiness. To them it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with being The Perfect Killing Machine, and hormone therapy automatically makes you Not Perfect.

4 Likes

I guess they will over the moon in ecstasy when he kicks out women to pay for the wallā€™s solar panels. You just know he wants to.

Edit: Bannon wants to

1 Like

Yet again, tRump proves heā€™s unqualified and illegitimate.

3 Likes

OMG, that article. I was already pissed off about this whole issue this morning but then to read this (emphasis mine):

ā€œItā€™s not so much the transgender surgery issue as much as we continue to let the defense bill be the mule for all of these social experiments that the left wants to try to hoist on government,ā€ Rep. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), a conservative supporter of the Hartzler proposal, said last week.

He added: ā€œIt seems to me, and all due respect to everyone, that if someone wants to come to the military, potentially risk their life to save the country, that they should probably decide whether theyā€™re a man or woman before they do that.ā€

What. The. Fuck?

10 Likes