Robert Mueller was target of Russian infowar, Senate report reveals

The point isn’t to keep him from being invited to cocktail parties, it’s to provide cover for the GOP to ignore Mueller’s findings. If/when the report outlines serious misdeeds and/or crimes that would warrant immediate impeachment and disgrace in any other circumstance, Trump’s base and the right-wing media audience will have been primed for years with ready-made excuses about why it should be ignored.

Nothing will happen unless and until the Senate GOP is shamed into taking action, and this campaign is specifically intended to allow them not to do so.

6 Likes

I think that was sort of my point - and suspect you didn’t really intend to reply to me. :wink:

3 Likes

Oops, don’t know how I accomplished quoting the person I intended to reply to but actually replying to you, but I did it.

3 Likes

(Probably 'cos I quoted that person and you then quoted me quoting that person - instead of directly quoting that person - which this system then attributes to me. I’ve done the same, and that seems to be how it works.)

1 Like

I think that US meddling has been destructive to democracy in many countries, including Russia.

Whereas their US counterparts are not subject to any political pressures?

I agree. Where I disagree is that it somehow makes Russia’s support of right-wing populists in the West and its campaign to undermine liberal democratic values there OK. In this case, two wrongs make an (alt-)right.

Judging by the way Zuckerberg lies to Congress, not even close to the control that the Kremlin exerts over Vkontakte. If anything it’s the other way around.

6 Likes

Unless you hit the ‘speech bubble’ icon in the left hand corner; that quotes everything in the comment, even your quotation of someone else, as well as any images you posted.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.