Robot face is made of living human skin (video)

Definitely needs more hair. But it’s likely to still be ‘uncanny valley’ material.

On a somewhat related note, has anybody read the Murderbot series by Martha Wells? I highly recommend it and I’m looking forward to the show being created for the Apple+ viewers.

1 Like

Jeffery Combs? Brent was tired of him playing all the characters.

So who thinks this is a good idea?

Why are we doing this?

How come no-one is stopping the people doing this?

I have questions.

2 Likes

Atlanta Georgia GIF by GIPHY News

1 Like

Robots with human skin sound like an ideal medium for hosting and spreading disease.

5 Likes

Do you want terminators? Because this is how you get terminators. And I don’t really see the point of this beyond wanting to recreate dystopian sci-fi, because the supposed benefits don’t remotely seem to exist in reality (and won’t, any time soon). Self-healing? Sure, maybe, if you could keep the skin alive while on the robot (which you can’t). Embedded sensing capabilities? Again, no - other materials do have that capability, though, so why not use them? Increasingly lifelike appearance? Uh, let me just recoil along with everyone else from the uncanny horrorshow that was actually created here.

3 Likes

4 Likes

That’s some Doctor Who sh*t

2 Likes

A horrifying angle I had not even considered! A glistening, dewy, AI-powered fleshbot that can give folks both a computer and a biological virus at the same time, while grinning damply at the not-so-unsuspecting victims.

3 Likes

Curious. I see no veins, his do they feed it?

1 Like

The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human — sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him.

7 Likes

“Hey buddy, got a dead cat in there?”

1 Like

creepy-undulating-umbilical-cord-phone-charger-xl

5 Likes

ah, just in time for the holiday season Apple releases the iCronenberg.

2 Likes

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, the cronenphone
ding dong ding dong ding dong ding, the cronenphoooone!

2 Likes
1 Like

… not just human skin, but undead human skin

1 Like

I hear nothing.

I read the first one and somehow it didn’t click with me, so I didn’t read any more. I can’t remember much about it now. Chacun son gout

Damn, science. I really like you, but sometimes, you scare the shit out of me.

2 Likes