Roca Labs sues unhappy customers who agreed to testify against it

[Permalink]

I’d love to know where Roca Labs got it’s start up funding. When I first heard about them, it was in a beautifully produced add running in high volume on YouTube. A very different marketing technique to the way most of these sellers of weight loss woo operate. I’m sure many of the people who were convinced to buy their product did so because they seemed so much more legitimate then similar companies.

The way they treat their customers is discussing and if there aren’t consumer protection laws to prevent this sort of thing then their ought to be. Although I wouldn’t be surprised it the current law lacks this protection simply due to a failure of imagination on the part of lawmakers.

2 Likes

Talk about customer service! Dissatisfied Roca customers get an enhanced level of personal attention that is unmatched in the industry. Just another way Roca shows it cares, er, about perceived quality.

5 Likes

That something is in the terms does not make it enforceable. It (they?) could include language to the effect that they reserve the right to beat complainers with a shovel – but that doesn’t make it so.

3 Likes

Can’t believe I’m the first to mention this, but…
THE SUPREME COURT HAS ROUNDLY REJECTED PRIOR RESTRAINT!

https://randazza dot wordpress dot com/2014/10/11/how-to-cite-to-walter-sobchak

What the hell, people? I try to insert a link, and you insert the whole page (unless I break up the link)? Not cool, guys. Not cool.

1 Like

How to cite to Walter Sobchak

Here, fixed it for you. Use the Hyperlink widget in the reply form’s toolbar to embed a link without bringing up the page. If you just paste the link in the main text, you’ll get a preview.

1 Like

Hmmm… How to cite to Walter Sobchak | The Legal Satyricon
Seems to work for me.

If you don’t put it on a separate line it seems to work OK too.

Yeah, it will, but then you need to remember the difference in behaviour. I figure that, if I use the insert widget for links, and a straight paste to an isolated line for embedded previews, I’m probably not going to screw things up when I have a brain fart.

1 Like

Not when I want a damn preview it won’t.

I didn’t say it was consistent - the “separate line” behaviour suggests that it is not. I only embed YouTube and Soundcloud (so far), so I’m staying within the KISS principle. Maybe something for Jeff Atwood in a meta thread?

1 Like

Oh, and JPGs, where I’ve isolated the URL for just the JPG image. That has the interesting behaviour where the BBS automatically uploads the image to its servers and substitutes the uploaded image.

Streisand, I summon thee!

1 Like

Now, I’m no high priced, big-city lawyer, </hokey accent> but I don’t see how it could be considered defamation. Breach of contract perhaps (if use of the product can be considered legally binding). I very much want to see what a judge will say.

The thing i don’t understand is:
Surely suing your customers gives you orders of magnitude more damage to your companies reputation than mere bad reviews ever could?

I just can’t see why the company is doing this, it seems profoundly stupid from which ever direction i look at it…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.