Rock suspended in mid-air?

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/25/rock-suspended-in-mid-air.html

3 Likes

Do or do not; there is no try.

16 Likes

What rock? That looks like a blue/black dress to me.

23 Likes

Thank goodness. For a second there I thought we were gonna have a major firefight over who’d get the rights to the unobtanium.

8 Likes

I think it’s pretty obvious this is a real levitating rock, which the global conspiracy have photoshopped to look like a high-angle shot into a pond in order to discredit the free energy / levitating rock community.

9 Likes

It’s a stone that’s been removed from a castle in the Pyrenees.

3 Likes

Neat illusion, though; even with the caption it took me a couple of seconds to figure out what I was looking at.

5 Likes

The freaky part is really that one of the racoons forgot his mask.

11 Likes
{
  do();
}
catch(e) {
  doNot();
}

omg thank you, you just totally helped me spot what was wrong with my code above.

14 Likes

photo is truly exceptional?

1 Like

Even now that I see what’s going on, I’m still thrown off by the vegetation, because the grass gives little indication of what direction it’s really pointing, and the critters are walking on a slope either way, so it looks natural. I still can’t figure out the angle the picture was taken from, though - it seems like the bank should be fairly steep, but the raccoon doesn’t seem to be walking on that extreme a slope.

Try this one out (pic I took back in April)

4 Likes

With global warming that could have been February.

Great, now I’m dizzy. Urp!

4 Likes

I’ll go long on upsidasium and cavorite now.

4 Likes

“The ships rock hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.”

4 Likes

Is this rock about to pulverize this baby raccoon? Click here to find out!

of course, and you should’ve seen the other guy…

2 Likes

At first I thought there was a mirage.

1 Like

Whoa, I feel dizzy.

1 Like