Rock tumblers are annoying, loud gifts

Verily, it did not previously occur to me that these could be serious, practical devices. How enlightening.

It makes me wonder if some of the other questionable widgets in the toy catalogs of yore might have had functional embodiments.

2 Likes

Yes, and if you really want a handful of polished but otherwise ordinary rocks there are easier ways to get them.

2 Likes

Is that the modern substitute for a drum set?

6 Likes

Indeed. My dad uses his to polish brass casings for reloading.

X-ray specs. It’s a little known fact that most X-ray machines are just mockups and the technician is actually looking at you with the specs via a one-way mirror.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Just imagine how much more effective it would be with a few pebbles providing distraction.

1 Like

Go big or go home. If you want to annoy friends and loved ones, buy their kids a drum set. (Or a Hurdy gurdy, but that might violate their HOA policy)

1 Like

Dangit, beat me to it

The best kind of gift.

2 Likes

who needs a store when you have affiliate links. boingboing has turned into such a gigantic ad for crap i dont want to buy, that they are even providing links to stuff nobody wants and admitting it. the ratio of junk for sale compared to interesting articles, is not worth it.

Rock tumblers are annoying, loud gits? You got that right.

3 Likes

Worst music gift ever.

2 Likes

WANT!

There is one thing a rock tumbler is good for -

Yes, exactly!

If ROI = “annoyance”, “Cheap rock tumbler+karaoke” > “quality rock tumbler”

…and about the same price, right?

More bang for the buck! Plastic crap FTW!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.