Rogue One: a Star Wars spy movie

has there ever been any rhyme or reason to the distribution of english or american accents amongst everyone in the star wars except for the weird and sometimes racist puppets and cartoons

2 Likes

It’s not that mysterious: The Imperial officers and Obi-Wan were all from Space Britain. Luke Skywalker was from Space California. That rebel pilot who missed the first shot at the Death Star was from Space Texas.

18 Likes

Haven’t you paid attention? Pretty much since Disney bought Lucasfilm they’ve been clearly announcing there would be “main” story line movies, and then separate Anthology movies. Rogue One was announce pretty much as soon as episode VII was. And the most surprising announcement they’ve made in the last year was the decision to push back the release of Episode VIII 6 months. From what it looks like we’ll be getting one Star Wars movie during the “Holiday” release window for the next 5 years at least. 2 more main “trilogy” movies and 3 Anthology releases. They’ve also formally announced a Han Solo origin story, and there are solid rumors about a Boba Fett movie.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Maybe he’s suddenly realized that Alec Guinness was right, you can do all the other great work in the world but all they’ll ever want to talk about is that little nerd movie you made that time.

6 Likes

I’m still lamenting the death of Star Wars 1313. I keep hoping it will come back as a movie or video game, though.

Which Star Wars movie was that? I don’t recall anyone killing their father in any of the movies. In Episode VI Luke has a determined go at not killing the man he then knew to be his dad, and almost dies because of it.

Oh, um, spoiler alert.

5 Likes

Was that a London tube station in there for about two seconds? It looked just like one of the “newer” Jubilee Line stops that they were chasing through.

Kathleen Kennedy recently said that they’re taking a look at all the materials created for it with the thought of bringing the idea back in some fashion.

Better? ;p

2 Likes

There are persistent rumors of them bringing it back in some fashion.

See?

In terms of the game portion of it (which was apparently mostly done) apparently Lucas Arts is a bit up in the air atm, I keep hearing rumors about them bringing back 1313, getting back into full game development, Disney pushing them toward mobile and FTP development, weird shit about the EA exclusive deal. The only common element of everything is 1313, which is either the press using it as a hanging point for otherwise boring and badly sourced news. Or a sign that they know they have something, and aren’t yet sure what to do with it. In terms of the TV show side (there was supposed to be a show on the same subject or direct tie in), I’ve not seen anything that indicates it went beyond early concept stages. So there’s probably not much there to resurrect. It does seem that the powers that be know people are curious and are at least mildly interested in doing something there. So I’m willing to bet it’ll show up at some point, even if its just cannibalized into something else. But there’s also been more, and apparently more accurate, info about the game in the last year or so. Apparently Lucas meddled heavily, and the game wasn’t in as clear or healthy a state as was indicated with the first reports of its cancellation. Last minute shift to a Boba Fett game, typical “you can’t do that in Star Wars! WAAAHHHHG Neck Beard, change it!” commands. So the awesome thing we all heard about, and want, isn’t the state the project was in as it neared release and hit cancellation.

Oh, I meant it’s a spoiler for you, not that you are the spoiler.

2 Likes

In that case, it wasn’t a spoiler until you posted your spoiler warning.

2 Likes

Jaws is about a shark.

11 Likes

This isn’t the spoiler you’re looking for. You can go about your business. Move along

11 Likes

Ok, then – you admit the movies are about a struggle with patricide. Luke is encouraged to kill his dad by his two great teachers. Luke’s father, the serial child killer, had no dad to kill.

Kylo is obvious.

In star wars if you want to achieve your true potential you must kill your dad.

8 Likes

Yoda’s dark secret revealed!

He killed his daddy too.

1 Like

Everything I’ve heard about 1313 is that a ton of concept work had been done, both on it and the “Star Wars underworld” TV show, and that they’d put together concept tests of open-world gangster/bounty-hunter gameplay, but that’s it.

When Disney took over, they put everything on hold as part of their mandate to hold everything under the Star Wars banner to a level of quality that’d slipped quite a bit, and to vet everything that would be canonical. That’s why the fully produced & animated Star Wars Detours cartoon will likely never see the light of day, even though a full 39 episodes were completed.

Eh… no. I don’t think the either Yoda nor Obi Wan encouraged to Luke to kill his father. They wanted him to “face” and “defeat” Vader. Had Luke killed Vader out of anger, he would have lost and turned to the dark side. Indeed he had FAILED at the cave when he tried to strike down Vader. I think even if he had killed Vader out of necessity, he would have still FAILED, though not turned to the dark side. If he was able to turn Vader back to the light, then he truly would have defeated him.

The Emperor is the only one who encourages Luke to actually KILL Vader.

I can’t tell if you are having fun at nerd expense, or if you are serious. But you can’t go around with slanderous statements to Luke like that (and I say that as a member of the Empire!)

2 Likes