Next #StarWars movie STAR WARS: ROGUE SQUADRON slated for Christmas 2023, directed by WONDER WOMAN'S Patty Jenkins

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/10/next-starwars-movie-star-wars-rogue-squadron-slated-for-christmas-2023-directed-by-wonder-womans-patty-jenkins.html

3 Likes

Based on the last few Star Wars movies, this won’t even be worth pirating.

3 Likes

I guess they’re dropping the more recent naming convention for spinoff movies. Probably for the best, “ROGUE SQUADRON: A STAR WARS STORY” would have been a dumb title.

2 Likes

Wow, great little trailer in there. I’m excited to see a movie made by a director who’s life’s mission has been to make a movie about this specific subject matter like this.

Video for the BBS:

23 Likes

Patty Jenkins did great with Wonder Woman; while I’m against giving Disney my money if I can help it, I still hope she can repeat her success.

23 Likes

Props to her thick skin as well, as the misogynists will, again, be out in full force over this directing choice.

Best of luck to her.

26 Likes

Of course the whiny, self-absorbed fanboys are gonna bitch and moan, throw tantrums and try to sabotage the film before it even comes out; that’s what they do because it’s the only thing they are any good at.

17 Likes

That’s boss! I’ve actually enjoyed the more “side story” movies of the past few years than the trilogy movies. So, I’ll be looking forward to this!

13 Likes

Is this based on the book trilogy featuring Wedge Antilles?? Moar Wedge!

5 Likes

Well - no one will ever watch an action movie starring a woman or directed by one.

Wonder Woman:

It’s like these dudes have never even heard of the Alien franchise. Half of them were born after that came out in 1979.

19 Likes

Real talk.

Fun fact which I’m sure you already knew; the character of ‘Ripley’ was originally meant to be a guy.

17 Likes

That would have been completely unbelievable.

18 Likes

If you’re going to make yet another installment crammed in between the events of the existing movies you might as well use a Wedge to do it.

19 Likes

I remember seeing Dark Star in the theater years ago - a student film by Carpenter and O’Bannon - O’Bannon used the comic beach ball alien as a starting point for Alien.

Just say that it’s available on Amazon to stream for $1.99. I’ll have to give it a look.

11 Likes

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Yay!

Christmas 2023

#@*%!

7 Likes

Thanks, COVID-19!

7 Likes

Same. The trilogy was atrocious but the side stories were good. At what point do we hit peak star wars though?

3 Likes

14 Likes

Damnit. Take your like

3 Likes

Personally, I found the standalone SW movies to be perfectly acceptable. Rogue One was outright good, and while Solo was not the greatest movie, it was a damn sight better than any of the sequel trilogy movies, and way better than the Star Wars: Clone Wars movie.

6 Likes