The name of the next Star Wars movie is

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/17/the-name-of-the-next-star-wars.html

2 Likes
5 Likes

Dammit! I never cared about a young Han Solo story and I care less now that I know Ron Howard is the director.

6 Likes

the name of the next star wars movie is…wgaf

5 Likes

For some reason, my first thought was of:

But there are so many movies by that name already that it was actually a bit difficult to find in the IMDB results.

4 Likes

Everything from the set has been sounding terrific. Ron Howard’s a pro and an old hand at Lucasfilm stuff, has been around and worked on Star Wars related things for literally decades. I think he’ll do a good job and the cast is looking great. Looking forward to this.

Well, I do, for one.

18 Likes

Why even comment, then?
Do you also announce to the world whenever you get a chance that you also don’t have a TV?
Personally, I’m pretty excited that they’ve decided to continue with this universe - it’s been a fun one since I saw the first movie as an 11 year old kid in ‘77.

6 Likes

[quote=“sdmikev, post:7, topic:109513, full:true”]

I don’t have a TV.

Of course, I only say this in case anyone would like to buy me one. :wink:

11 Likes

i’m excited to see it, but i have to say that this is the most NON-SPOILERY title i could imagine. it literally gives away nothing… there’s nothing for fans to obsess over and speculate on with a title like that. well played, Disney!

5 Likes

It’s going to be a one-man show, with singing and dancing. Solo will be played by an as-yet-to-be-decided Skarsgard sibling.

12 Likes

That’s so bad it’s possibly good.

1 Like

Well, all the kids today like to watch on their mobile devices. Me, I’m ready to get a 65 inch 4K to replace the 55 inch lowly 1080p Sony. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

solo

10 Likes

Solo?!. But that guy is always with Chewbacca. Why isn’t he Han Duo?

(I forget the name of the stand-up comedian who said that dumb joke was the only part of his routine that people would remember, but he was right)

3 Likes

Congratulations!

15 Likes

We have been deprived of the opportunity to ponder whether he may be the descendant of a noble family of French spacefarers, the Soleaux.

And also to ponder the existence of distinctly French spacefarers.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I am definitely going to be flagged if I touch any of the myriad of French jokes here.

1 Like

How long my parsec.

2 Likes

Silence of the Porgs!

7 Likes