Round up of Silicon Valley's worst apologies of 2017

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/11/round-up-of-silicon-valleys.html

I didn’t see this on the list:

In an interview with CNBC Monday, Damore was asked if he would have changed anything about his memo knowing what he knows now.

“I think I wouldn’t have used the word neuroticism, even though that is the official term used in psychology, just because that has a very negative connotation,” Damore responded.

2 Likes

we mistakenly pointed to the wrong reason =
we thought we were going to lie about this using Lie # 22 but we had actually decided to lie about this using Lie # 73
we will be doing an internal audit to figure out why everyone wasn’t on the same playbook about the lie we had all agreed to use. heads will roll!

2 Likes

C9EetAJUwAEGBE_

#NotJustSiliconValley

7 Likes

It’d be more honest if Dorsey just said straight up that Trump can tweet anything he wants because it is good for Twitter’s business.

3 Likes

“Instead, I’ll just use the correct word: hysterical.”

2 Likes

Forced apologies are one of the most ridiculous demands of modern society. The disingenuousness of all involved parties is sickening.

3 Likes

Don’t worry. We’re getting closer and closer to the day all apologies will just say “fuck you.” Electing Trump is just a symptom, but not the cause.

3 Likes

I would actually prefer that.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.