Rules for Regulars

How about a free market for likes? I’m probably too stingy with mine, but would gladly give the ones I don’t use away.

4 Likes

My favorite secret handshake is to use my middle finger to gently caress the palm of the counter party.

Also, when I give dudes hugs I try to make them uncomfortably long, let out a sigh, and say, “Mmmmmm…”.

But yeah, I like what’s been done with regular status.

8 Likes

Leader
This badge is granted when you reach trust level 4. You’re a leader in this community as selected by staff, and you set a positive example for the rest of the community in your actions and words here. You have the ability to edit all posts, take common topic moderator actions such as pin, close, unlist, archive, split, and merge, and you have tons of likes per day.

Feel my pain!!!

8 Likes

@chgoliz is nominated for our new Deer Leader!!!

15 Likes

19 Likes

There is nothing you and I can’t make just a little weird.

13 Likes

D’oe!

10 Likes

This badge is granted when you reach trust level 4. You’re a leader in this community as selected by staff, and you set a positive example for the rest of the community in your actions and words here.

That reads like it’s addressed to users, but who’s on that list? It’s all just BB or Discourse peeps, plus one @Leigh_Alexander, who has five posts. The trust level isn’t what it says on the tin; there’s no aspiring to TL4.

Either the description should be amended, or a handful of users should be granted Mod privileges. In case of the latter, I reckon it would be pretty cool if the handful could be picked by the Regulars.

5 Likes

was also a BB person.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if she were here on some of the many gaming threads we get?

7 Likes

Asking questions?

5 Likes

Salt licks for everyone!

6 Likes

The description is one of the canned ones that comes with the Discourse software. Boing Boing uses Discourse to run the BBS part of their web site. All of the people at TL4 are part of BB or Discourse. With the powers listed under TL4, I think you can see why they chose to do that.

5 Likes

Please move this to a new meta topic.

1 Like

Best make sure you really mean it though, or that might get reversedly uncomfortable (or very comfortable) pretty quickly.

3 Likes

I only stop this game of chicken after second base.

6 Likes

My momma used to say “you’re going to get a reputation!”

7 Likes

I need to start a Dirty Jokes thread

1 Like

Sigh… oh, what I wouldn’t do for a reputation…

11 Likes