Russian military disinformation online is making Americans go nuts, QAnon edition

Bigoted movements often expand and contract to include all manner of minorities depending on the geographic region and the fashion of the day (Indigenous Peoples, African-Americans, Catholics, Muslims, etc.) but anti-semitism is one of those themes that keeps coming back again and again.

A lot of the Qanon movement is just a new spin on classics like “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.”

15 Likes

The absurdity struck me today. The same people who think that the “president” is leading a mission to break a global child smuggling pedophile ring also think that it’s just fine that the same “president” imprison children trying to immigrate with their families in what could (if you squint real hard) look like a global child smuggling pedophile ring.

If I were the conspiracy type, which I’m not, I’d think it much more likely the “president” is LEADING a global child smuggling pedophile ring.

20 Likes

I don’t think you even need to squint very hard once you create an unaccountable agency with the power to deport witnesses and unsupervised access to children there will be some people who slip through even the best screening system. I’m also unconvinced that the screening system even meets basic needs.

7 Likes

Isn’t it funny how the rights message, in all history in every country, has always been the same?

Fear change? Be afraid! X is coming to change things! Empower me, and I’ll beat them all away with force!

Such obvious morons fall for fear, intelligent people only fear one thing- fear mongers themselves, and the people they rally to their stupid hateful causes.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure every far-right personality will release their “Jewish question” at some point. It starts with hand wringing concern about some conspiracy, takes a left at “ironic” Roman salutes in the name of freeze peach, and winds up in the 8chan bin with the rest of the unmasked fascists. It’s a tale as old as 1933.

6 Likes

I searched out some Q posts to see what all the fuss was about. They are very clearly just made up by some other batshit crazy idiot. They are mostly in the form of questions like ‘What’s with Biden and China?’ without any sort of actual information and some are just reposts of news headlines gathered online. How people would think they are posted by some government insider and not some rando is beyond me.

4 Likes

Crying|nullxnull

17 Likes

At least we got Deus Ex out of that, so it wasn’t all bad.

7 Likes

That assumes that humans are static beings that have never and will never evolved (at least since we started building civilization). ANYTHING made by human beings can be changed. They only won’t when we say things like “we’ll never change that, because it’s just in our nature.” Well, no. Our nature is ever changing, and that can include improving ourselves with regards to how we treat others.

No. That’s not the case. Human rights is a modern concept, for one thing. The world has not been the same since we developed cities. We have in fact, changed over time.

10 Likes

The same people that are really into this nonsense are also very anti-everyone, in my experience. I won’t miss them.

6 Likes

“I would probably take my children and sit in the garage and turn my car on and it would be over”
This is a level of sickness that should not be ignored.

9 Likes

Every conservative conspiracy theory eventually comes down to Jew-hatred.

6 Likes

What is with the growing tendency for right-wingers to assume that everyone on the left are child-abusing perverts? Besides vague implications about almost every Democrat they can think of, they spread misinformation specifically about Jacob Blake, about Kyle Rittenhouse’s victims, and I assume anyone else they look down on and/or disagree with politcally. Child abuse is horrific, of course, but I’m not sure why it’s what they all jump to. I hope it’s not the same type of projection we’ve seen elsewhere on the right. Ugh.

6 Likes

Over the years I seen many cults that all do the exact same thing: separate the world in two tribes, the stupid, and the not so stupid, and manage to convince the stupid it’s exactly the other way round, which is obviously not that hard.

Once people get the chance to become one of the enlightened, their incentive for questioning that belief is reduced dramatically, especially for those who can gain status which would otherwise be unobtainable to them in normal competition with others. So those are the first target, if not by design, then simply because everyone else walks away.

That is a basic pattern behind in each and every kind of exceptionalism.

6 Likes

Ya beat me to it.

Some years back, I was invited to mod what was then a leading conspiracy-paranormal-UFO site. I quit after a few months, sickened, because EVERY conspiracy theory eventually blamed Jews.

5 Likes

… and so do many leftist ones.

3 Likes

Association fallacy.

A = C. / “Democrats are evil.”
B = C. / “Child abusers are evil”
Therefore, A = B. / “Democrats are child abusers.”

Edit: cleared up typos.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me of the name so I could dig up the crazy. It’s the ultimate thing, mixing pedophilia with cannibalism with the horrific torture of innocent children just because it’s theoretically better than botox and plastic surgery :rofl:

7 Likes

How bad do you have to be at extracting blood that it kills the patient? Do these people think blood banks have a 100% mortality rate too? It’s really shocking how many people believe these conspiracy theories that fail basic logical principals.

If you do the math on that last part, assuming you can extract about a gallon of blood from a kid you can price a human life at around $5.66 billion dollars. I wish conspiracy nuts had that much respect for a life.

4 Likes

It was in a Hunter S. Thompson book decades ago as a joke.

Guess we need to reverse the phrase. History repeats itself, first as farce, second as tragedy.

9 Likes