Samsung refuses warranty service on its rinky dink foldable phones if they have the slightest scratch

That’s how these companies work. Unless enforced by law, they will bail. In 2017 my SO bought a LED TV from LG. The backlight LEDs turned purple due to phosphor depletion at some point in 2020-2021. A simple search on the internet returned a lot of reports from angry customers who got their TVs from the same model ruined for the same reason. In my country consumers’ rights are protected by law in cases of manufacturer defects. As expected, LG refused to reimburse the repair (about 1/3 the value of the TV). I did the paperwork and the case is ongoing in the consumer protection bureau.

3 Likes

Folding phones are not the only @samsung failling product, there’s also the #GSOD type

I had a Samsung phone years ago, purchased new, that died abruptly in less than three months of gentle use. Samsung refused to honor the warranty, and I’ve never bought a Samsung product since.

1 Like

I had an excellent experience with warranty service from Samsung’s storage division (no-hassle free overnight replacement). Maybe it depends on the part of Samsung you’re dealing with.

I’ve been coveting the Thinkpad folding-screen tablet, but worries about screen durability have kept my wallet in my pocket.

1 Like

Ending a call by closing a clamshell one-handed is a ridiculously satisfying feeling, and I miss it. Not enough to buy one of these gimmicky things, mind.

6 Likes

Excellent point.

1 Like

Of course the solution is giving women pockets, not super expensive folding phones, but…

ETA: the post quote for clarity

4 Likes

Mostly I would want one in order to unfold it with one hand while walking briskly and saying “talk to me”. And for snapping it shut to end a call without saying goodbye.

4 Likes

something like this

would need a huge pocket-- if it didn’t fold.

3 Likes

Looking at it, can we really say that it folds? I mean, successfully?

3 Likes

That’s why i have cargo shorts

2 Likes

Same thing happened with me. I have a Samsung Z Flip 3 that lasted 3 months until the screen cracked and completely died along the fold/crease. Samsung would not back the phone at all under warranty claiming that it was my fault and that I dropped it. This occured under normal use. The phone looked brand new. Just a sad case of a company that will not back their products. It’s their own loss because the lost yet another customer. They are losing tons of money with these poor decisions!

1 Like

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.