San Francisco will start paying people $300/month not to shoot anyone (or get shot)

Seems like things have changed since I was a wee one (back in the Nancy Reagan “D.A.R.E.” days). Admittedly, I only knew one dealer, but he always had tons of cash.

It looks like (as with everything) numerous layers of middlemen and higher level criminal org folks are making the $$$.

So I guess now dealing is like the dangerous version of Mary Kay or Amway?

1 Like

Re: My post above.

3 Likes

He probably did. And he probably owed 90+% of it to the higher ups. Did he suddenly go missing one day?

2 Likes

I see. It’s easy to flash cash when you are the till.

3 Likes

Nope. I actually grew up in an area of So. Cal. that didn’t have a lot of overt gang activity until I was older. Pretty sure he was a freelance weed dealer (definitely indulged in his own supply).

Probably got squeezed out when the gangs came in full force, but by them I was already out of the area…

2 Likes

That makes sense.

1 Like

I don’t even know if street weed is a thing in Washington anymore. I always just go to the store and buy it with my driver’s license and debit card.

It probably is, since legal weed’s pretty expensive. I’m sure there’s folks who want a lot of it cheap.

1 Like

dave rage GIF

Cash only at my dispensary.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a whole other stupid thing about it being considered illegal federally, and financial companies potentially being in HUGE trouble if they process funds for what the fed considers an illegal drug transaction.

Saw a really interesting video on super expensive glassware that’s essentially being used as high value exchange commodity (menorah bong anyone?) since dispensaries can’t deposit their $$$ in banks.

But yeah, I imagine that the era of the small time individual weed dealer is long gone.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.