Sarcastic weatherman explains how to brush snow off a car

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/28/sarcastic-weatherman-explains-how-to-brush-snow-off-a-car.html

12 Likes

He should have gone with, “Here’s a totally new way to clean all the snow off your car” or “Experts say you’re cleaning the snow off your car all wrong.”

22 Likes

I promise, if you follow those simple steps, you too will be able to clear the snow off your car.

I proimise, if you follow those simple steps you will have to clear the sides, windshield and rear window twice. Always do the roof and the hood first, then proceed around the car. It’s like foot-washing in TNG: you start at the top and work your way down.

25 Likes

If he gets to Southern California he can do a similar video about driving in the rain.

13 Likes

I heard it never rains in Southern California.

21 Likes

I made a similar video once after watching drivers let chunks of ice fly off their cars while driving down a highway. It’s best to start from the top down, though. It saves from having to do the windows twice. I used an SUV, with tips for people who try to excuse missing the roof by saying they couldn’t reach it. :roll_eyes:

19 Likes

I use a soft bristle push broom so I don’t damage the finish or soft top on my Jeep™ and also start with the roof so I’m not clearing the windows twice. The snow can also help clean windows of road grime & salt.

The More You Know

22 Likes

I just let my car sit in its parking space until the snow is melted.

21 Likes

I just live in Houston TX where it very rarely snows.

11 Likes

I get the urge to be snarky, but he missed an opportunity to give some of the small tips that are helpful. People upthread already noted that starting on the sides means having repeat the work. More importantly he missed clearing the front corner of the driver side window. That is easy to miss and obscures the view of the mirror once you are seated in the car.

8 Likes

“Get a snow-free car with this one simple trick.”

8 Likes

That’s what they say, but it pours, man, it pours.

11 Likes

Yup, a broom is my favorite snow-removal tool, too! :broom: :snowflake:

11 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes

This makes me happy…to bad the people that need to follow through with this are not watching the news. :man_shrugging:

Personally, I use a SnoBrum SNOBRUM-AUTO Snow Removal Tool and have for years now (previously discussed on Boing Boing here. (I don’t think they are trash…mine has served me well for many years now)

2 Likes

Well, get going…

14 Likes

You do the driver’s door and the roof around it first. Then get inside and start the motor. Then the car is warming up and potentially making the ice easier to scrap off while you get the snow off. Also with the car warmed up, you’re not as likely to fog up with windshield with your breath.

20 Likes

…some people types cannot change a wheel… if they are locked and confused… just call out break-down is there a valet for that

Yet another reason that I’m glad I moved from the Detroit area to California.

1 Like