Those rectangular foam snow brooms are trash

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/18/those-rectangular-foam-snow-br.html

2 Likes

Paid about 15$ Canadian at my local Costco for a nice large snow brush (extendable with a swivel head; the head has a brush on one side and a silicone blade on the other side). The other end of the brush features a standard ice scraper. Can’t complain.

1 Like

This is how I do it…

2 Likes

I am pissed that most snow shovels are made of plastic now. I had an aluminum and wood one that lasted me years, even repaired it with rivets once. Plastic shovels seem designed to break.

21 Likes

I’ve personally loved the one I’ve had for my car the past few years; works way better than a brush.

I just wait for the snow to melt.

2 Likes

Get a garage!

…directly to Curbside Collection

14 Likes

I got a nice snow shovel last March for about a buck.

1 Like

‘I bought a cheap piece of junk version of a thing, so all versions of the thing are trash’ is an odd thesis

3 Likes

I’m in the fourth winter of using this one that I got from amazon in Feb 2015. The threaded piece on the end of the handle is metal.

(I believe I correctly formatted link to BB’s affiliate code. I’ll repeat my thought here again that the bbs should be smart enough to turn all amazon pointed links in the comments into affiliate codes.)

4 Likes

Looks like your replacement pick is the one the Wirecutter recommends. Probably a good choice.

When you said snow broom I assumed you were talking about a broom for clearing your walk because Pittsburgh.

4 Likes

It does.  

3 Likes

Cool. It didn’t use to.

hedb

3 Likes

14 Likes

I’ve had mixed luck with the swiveling head brush/scrapers. The one I have right now is in its second winter, but if it breaks I will probably go back to a fixed-brush model. Keeping a push broom at the house is helpful for quick snow removal in the morning

As long as it’s a happy big-ass house…

7 Likes

Garages are where you keep big toys and large power equipment.

3 Likes

Uncool tools, amirite? @frauenfelder?

Snow brooms, ice-scrapers, etc. made in Finland:
http://murskax.fi
Accept no substitutes.

4 Likes