Save over 25% on the LG 86" 4K HDR Smart LED UHD TV in honor of President's Day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/14/save-over-25-on-the-lg-86-4.html

There is no longer honor in Presidents Day.

Nice TV though.

2 Likes

You know what I’d like for Presidents Day?

A deal on a new fucking president. President’s day is nothing to celebrate, especially the last 4 years.

This place is degenerating into straight up QVC

8 Likes

Spend over $2k on a smart TV which most likely will be bricked in a couple of years when LG decides to stop supporting it anymore… no thanks.

2 Likes

Buy a ‘dumb’ TV and add your own media player/Kodi and there ya go.

I bought a cheapo $350 55" 4K RCA a few years back, the ‘Smart’ version was only $20 more. Sales guy couldn’t understand why I didn’t want those extra features.

I said if it was a Samsung or other big name, maybe the support is there. But I doubt RCA is going to care that it’s baked-in Netflix app could be broken within months.

4 Likes

You could probably buy 4 65" 4K HDR televisions, some hardware to stitch the image across them (like they used to have in Media Play) and still have money left over.

1 Like

I’d need a new cabinet for a screen this big. Either that or take apart my existing one to make a table.
On the other hand: My 50 inch Sony purchased in the 2000s cost about the same.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.