Scalzi's Redshirts coming to TV

[Permalink]

Fantastic!

Wish they’d adapt Octavia Butler’s Kindred too. It’d make a great mini-series.

2 Likes

The Parable novels would also make a good series.

1 Like

I’m torn on this one. I liked the premise and the first half of the book, but the last half or so left me bored. It wasn’t badly written, I just didn’t think the plot had much legs once the big reveal was done.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading a lot of Scalzi recently. Working my way through the Old Man’s War series. Generally a lot of fun.

I think it was a mistake to read Zoe’s Tale immediately (or indeed, at all) after The Last Colony. Just felt like I was reading the same book again, only less. I knew what it was going in, though, so it’s my own fault.

I made the mistake of reading Zoe’s Tale before The Last Colony. So that pretty much ruined that for me.

1 Like

I agree it fizzled. Went from a mildly interesting fantasy premise to the worst trope in SF, time travel.

Can’t wait!

I quite enjoyed Redshirts, particularly after the big reveal happened… I’m not sure what angle they’re going to take for a TV show though.

2 Likes

Why are they looking for writers? Scalzi has written for TV and movies and would seem to be the best choice. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3376496/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

For those interested - more details from Mr Scalzi himself (edit - in the comments, there’s also more from him, including that it’s just planned as a limited run show, right now, which makes way more sense) here on his blog.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.