Scenes from today's national gun control student walkout

12 Likes
7 Likes

Or making excuses that literally keeping kids prisoner by surrounding the school with cops is somehow not using the State to prevent freedom of expression.

14 Likes

But are very good at blowing up wedding parties and creating more.

Flawed argument. The Minutemen were going up against other ground troops on equal footing, and West Point’s fortress was sited as an anti-naval shore battery. There was no theater of engagement where the Revolutionaries would be trying to sink a naval vessel with a rifle. However, in the event of a war with modern weapons, like predator drones, the weapons commonly available to civilian owners will be very useful at murdering their fellow citizens in job lots, but not useful against tanks, drones, or cruise missiles, all of which can be used in strikes against said civilian owners.

And, yes, I know that you’re arguing that insurgency and amorphous operations will still have a horrific death toll and kill massive numbers of occupying US troops on our own soil, but, hey, that is the argument, isn’t it?
a5732d811097bcf38f39fbbed97a85935fc6baf0_1_512x500

Oh, and it’s not like the means by which said US insurgency would communicate and coordinate–i.e. the internet–isn’t fully compromised by the US government and wouldn’t know exactly where to send their troops and bunker-busters to deal with ringleaders.

1 Like

Sure you don’t want to go with Bernie Sanders and the Insurgents?

1. that sentence was not an argument, it was a ridiculous reply to the ridiculous statement about AR vs Drone.

2. You coveniently ignored my real examples about lightly armed militia devastating state run war machines…I guess if I had mispelled something you would have attacked that instead of the real points I made that destroy your initial point.

Since you like posting the work of others, here is something to help you get rid of guns in the US.

So… can any of your guns shoot down a Predator drone? Or a cruise missile? AR-15 vs. Apache helicopter, that’ll be a fun matchup! (I’ll take bets on how many rounds the ammosexual gets off before being reduced to red mist). AR-15 vs APC?

1 Like

Ask the Viet Kong how effective B59 bombers were against their SKS rifles.

Something to the tune of million dead, IIRC, half of them civilians. But this isn’t the jungles of Vietnam. This is the industrialized, urbanized environment of the US, where we all wear locator devices that have accumulated a profile of our behaviors, movements, and contacts. So, how is a US insurgency going to use their AR-15s to shoot down the Predator drone tasked to take out their meeting?

1 Like

You are running out of straws to grasp. Viet Kong beat our asses. If you believe that the distinction between jungle warfare and urban warfare is a factor in your argument then I dont know if you understand the argument. Furthermore, the tech you are talking about cuts both ways and exists in the current conflicts where the insurgent population is still beating the overpowered force.

So, how are the insurgents going to shoot down the Pred? You’re refusing to answer the question :wink: Have a nice day.

5 Likes

Thread:

2 Likes

I’m glad people are speaking up about that victim-blaming crap. Telling the victims of a school shooting “you should be nicer to the outcasts so they won’t resort to mass murder” is king of like telling a battered spouse “you shouldn’t have mouthed off like that.”

Yes, all of us can work to be more kind and respectful (not just teens). No, there’s no reason to believe American high schools are uniquely prone to cliques or bullying or that said behavior is the driving force behind all these mass shootings.

6 Likes

If it were, the shooters wouldn’t almost universally be cishet white males.

7 Likes

I find it ironic how conservatives like to use urban gun violence as a talking point (and cause for panic gun buying for white people) but they also support measures which make it easy for straw buyers to supply guns to criminals. They created a feedback loop of gun mania.

4 Likes

Effective enough that the Vietnams became one country.

The argument implies that the speaker wants to be a terrorist and kill cops and soldiers of his own nation.

1 Like

Working as designed.

4 Likes