School iPads have bugs. Real bugs.

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/17/school-ipads-have-bugs-real-b.html

1 Like

However, as the health and safety of our students are our highest priorities,

25rwft

20 Likes

“Real bugs.”
Back to the original definition, then.

14 Likes

06e2abeda32bc67ccd62543dc76e352d

10 Likes

Jinxed, damn it!

11 Likes

I’d also suggest covering the cameras with Post-Its as well.

8 Likes

You can’t kill bedbug eggs with window cleaner

7 Likes
6 Likes

Well, this explains why after having ipads issued to all students in the local school board for the past 6 years, this was the first summer the IT dept spent all summer physically cleaning all the ipads. The order to do so came from the top, and all other work was put aside to do this with no explanation given. The ipads and cases where disgustingly filthy and they were carelessly wiped Lysol cloths by the techs, trainers, and management who were all roped in get them done in time for school.

This prompted my mom to retire because with 30 years experience and as the google administrator this was the last straw. The board also preferred she clean the ipads rather than train a replacement. So someone up top must have heard about the bedbugs and freaked out and all common sense went out the window. She did come home with the sniffles, but hopefully no actual insects.

2 Likes

If it has ammonia in it (which most do) it’ll kill them.

1 Like

Not a bug, but a feature.

1 Like

School carpet will be next, and those critters will get on shoes and in pants cuffs.

I know of two local carpet manufacturing plants that had to be treated for bedbugs brought in by one or more employees. One pediatric clinic had to be demolished. The local library has been closed for two years for “remodeling”–read, remediation and extermination.

I hollered with delight when the new high school issued iPads instead of books. Looks as though that was so premature.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.