School superintendent asked girls to bend over during dress code check

[Permalink]

But I thought we were supposed to bend at the knees!

2 Likes

Because your ability to learn is entirely linked with waht you are wearing.

12 Likes

That’s got to be one of the weirdest mascot ideas I’ve ever heard.

26 Likes

3 Likes

meh, retracted, being mean…

2 Likes

So, wait. She told the girls they should “be prepared” to bend over, as a way of calling out girls whose clothes she finds inappropriate. But in Boingboingistan, that means she “asked girls to bend over.”

Am I a jerk for thinking those are not the same thing?

From her Pinterest That’s What I’m Sayin’

Edit:
Immediately followed by this one:

8 Likes

Yeah, pretty much.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Follow the links: Local superintendent’s controversial way of addressing dress code sends students home humiliated | KFOR.com Oklahoma City

So this morning Bass followed up, unannounced. According to Stephanie she asked just the girls to stand up while she did a dress code check, even asking some of the girls to bend over. Stephanie was singled out because in Bass’ opinion her dress was too short. Bass says, “If you’re not comfortable with bending over, we might have a problem.”

Emphasis mine.

9 Likes

Local superintendent’s controversial way of addressing dress code sends students home humiliated | KFOR.com

So this morning Bass followed up, unannounced. According to Stephanie she asked just the girls to stand up while she did a dress code check, even asking some of the girls to bend over. Stephanie was singled out because in Bass’ opinion her dress was too short. Bass says, “If you’re not comfortable with bending over, we might have a problem.” Stephanie says her superintendent handled the situation inappropriately, sending some of her friends home crying on the first week of school. “A lot of girls actually felt humiliated,” says Stewart. “You could see it in their faces that they were.”

edit: Apparently @knappa has a great mind since they tend to think alike…

7 Likes

Bass (who calls herself “Mama Bear Bass”)…

Looks more like a cougar

1 Like

no, IMO her hairstyle resembles that of the supposed skank she so disapproves of.

OK, the idea of her hairstyle resembles something a skank might have.

2 Likes

If she’s allowed to judge people on their outfits, can they judge her on her haircut? Because good lord, if ANYTHING should be against policy, that do ought to be.

6 Likes

If the parents get their way, school will soon Drop the Bass.

6 Likes

Clothing is just another way these moneyed snobs show their privilege.

Mandatory nudist colonies are the natural, communal, and correct direction for the human race.

Not for me though, my body is in terrible shape.

4 Likes

‘Classy’ is the single-most self-negating self-description ever. If you have to call yourself ‘classy’ you aren’t.

7 Likes

Cletus: “Hey Brandine! You could wear this shirt to work!”

Brandine: “Oh, Cletus, you know I got to wear the shirt what Dairy Queen give me.”

9 Likes

At my high school, they made girls kneel on the floor so they could measure the length from the floor to the hem of the skirt. In retrospect, I don’t think that was really about dress codes. I think that was about sagging middle aged teachers subjugating adolescent girls in the most humiliatingly sexualized way they could.

If any teacher or administrator makes my son or daughter kneel or bend over (for any reason), it will be a big problem.

11 Likes