Sci-fi shorts from the Dust channel

Originally published at: Sci-fi shorts from the Dust channel | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The article thumbnail immediately brought to my mind the game Machinarium from developer Amanita.

Beautiful little point and click adventure game starring an adorable little scrap of a robot. It has plenty of brain twisty puzzles in it and a fun story, told entirely wordlessly.

I played this years ago, but it still popped right into my head.

6 Likes

A show I worked on a few years ago is on the Dust channel

5 Likes

I just watched Prospect on Netflix last night, which I think was produced by Dust (their logo pops up at the beginning). I definitely liked it. Feels like it could take place in the world of Firefly.

Interestingly, I also finished reading the amazing novel Roadside Picnic yesterday, the book by the Strugatsky brothers that inspired Tarkovsky’s film Stalker. Prospect totally gives off a vibe that elements may have been inspired by Roadside Picnic/Stalker, in the same way Annihilation was pretty obviously inspired by same.

I highly recommend the Strugatsky brothers – I read The Doomed City recently, and it is astoundingly good.

2 Likes

I think Dust was really more of a distributor than a producer in the case of Prospect. But year I finally saw it last week in it way exceeded my expectations, and i had heard it was really well done

1 Like

I was pleased to see the Dust channel available on my Roku.

The one that stood out was “Slaughterbots”.

2 Likes

still too grim for me. everybody always dies

YouTube suggested this one three years ago to me:

1 Like

Don’t miss “Alientologists” - deft production makes its point.

1 Like

The New Politics. To offer any details would ruin it, just invest five minutes of your time.

1 Like

Just watched “FTL.” Whoa. The ending blew my mind. I had to watch it again.

Orbit Ever After:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.