Science Babe takes down Food Babe

The things we say, and do in this world have an impact on those around us.

Yup. Whatever I can do to make her existence as unpleasant as possible, I’m there. You’ll notice I’ve never once raised ire with this fool until it made it to BB. I firmly believe in the concept that if you don’t like something you don’t have to look. When things I don’t like start to seep into places I do like, it makes me angry and I’ll start lashing out because it’s impossible to ignore. The lesson to the next idiot who wants to sell bunk is the whole point: profit from misinformation and the internet will fuck with you relentlessly.

Does it fix the disinformation she puts out into the world?

I know the information is bullshit, but for those who don’t it can’t hurt to discredit the source.

Does it help anyone else understand the complexities of the world?

I didn’t know that was my job, but I feel like I do that on BB on subjects that aren’t infuriating and ones on which I have some knowledge.

Does it make the world a better place just to bring others down?

For anyone who might have bought into her bullshit, but didn’t because people are saying she’s a bullshit artist: yes.

because she responded on the level of facts

Facts aren’t the problem. Foodbabe is wilfully misleading and hasn’t any educational background on the matter. Facts aren’t going to get rid of her influence because the people buying into her garbage clearly aren’t interested in facts. I am not formally educated in science, so I’ll leave it up to Science Babe and others with the requisite background to take her down on the facts and I’ll deal with the vitriolic mudslinging. I started this thread on the matter, with a podcast from Mark Crislip on foodbabe. I am all about the facts, but if they already comprehensively exist then why would/should I rehash them?

why stoop to the level of driving trollies.

Arguing against her talking points, when that has been done ad nauseam by others, is stooping to her level IMO. Arguing against things gives them a form of credibility that I’m not willing to give foodbabe. I don’t even like giving her fucking site pageviews! No one argues against the tinfoil hat people because that would be engaging with them on their level, and in some way validating their views. IMO if the subject is black and white (as this one is) the best thing to do is be as publicly unpleasant as possible to them. It has several benefits. It scares people who might otherwise publicly espouse similarly untruthful opinions. It makes her existence as terrible as possible, which I’ve got no problem with in the case of people selling bunk. It says to others that you’d better base your views and sales pitch on cogent fact and reality because people have access to real information now and if you think making shit up is a good idea, you will be the next Jenny McCarthy: a punchline.

I don’t think I’m any better than you, or her, or anyone else.

You are demonstrably a better person than she is.

1 Like