Science FTW

I was about to make a joke about wondering what the lakesis protein does, then I found that it exists.

Only it’s not a protein, it’s the name given to an oil sold by beauty pharmaceutical companies which supposedly interacts with αKlotho and FoxO.

3 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

I resemble that remark! :rofl:

3 Likes
7 Likes

You can get Aspirin from willow bark.

10 Likes
7 Likes

Damn, that’s beautiful…

10 Likes

Discovery of chemical means to reverse aging and restore cellular function

https://phys.org/news/2023-07-discovery-chemical-reverse-aging-cellular.amp

6 Likes

I’d put a bit of money on this being the catalyst for the zombie apocalypse, but where’s the fun in winning?

8 Likes

I wonder if they’re a “target” for love songs, and if songbirds have them.

5 Likes

BBC News - Drug donanemab seen as turning point in dementia fight

10 Likes

Paleontology is where I would probably be if I did it over again. Very cool stuff!

10 Likes

The study’s happiest participants had two major factors in common throughout its 85 years: taking care of their health and building loving relationships with others.

7 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

Hopefully this ends up being legit.

6 Likes

If that’s legit and scalable, then it’s an absolute game changer in lots of good ways.

Not only does it take out transmission losses of between 5-10% of all electricity produced, it opens up so many more opportunities for renewable power that aren’t near current centres of demand and that’s only the start. There’s all the efficiency gains in DC motors and generators, easier and cheaper MRI scans… the list goes on.

6 Likes
3 Likes