How cool it this!!

17 Likes

Ok, part of me was imagining the man saying, “Whatcha got there, dog?”

Well Done Hug GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

9 Likes
9 Likes

Funny Animals Coyote GIF

11 Likes

And that’s when they saw it. A secretion coming from the tail: “A kind of substance, like milk.”
Upon further study, the team found that the milk contained lipids and sugars similar to mammalian milk. It was essentially providing the same function.

So, according to what I was taught in high school, these guys, and cockroaches, for that matter, are really mammals? (not really, but just shows how not simple biology really is.)

13 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

WHOA

The Icelandic national meteorologists warned an eruption was immanent, and it began only a few minutes later.

8 Likes

It makes me more efficient, and is the very elixir of life, so yeah, of course it works like that!

8 Likes

Sequences derived from an ancient virus help regulate a gene that encodes a component of myelin, helping explain why vertebrates have an edge when it comes to their brains.

This is really cool. Other ancient viral remnants are thought to be responsible for the formation of placental tissues as well. We truly are legion.

ETA;

Pretty interesting assessment of this finding. In short, evolution is weird and complex and very contingent. Also, retroviruses responsible for immune system, placenta, myelin and probably other stuff we haven’t found yet causes me to think about alien scientists going, “no, gotta tweek this a little bit. Get me the correct retrovirus. We’ll fix this right up!”

13 Likes

Researchers show that introduced tardigrade proteins can slow metabolism in human cells

https://phys.org/news/2024-03-tardigrade-proteins-metabolism-human-cells.amp

And help you navigate the mycelial network.

12 Likes

Season 3 Applause GIF by Paramount+

8 Likes
12 Likes

… journalists are having a hell of a time trying to explain exactly how this works without accidentally getting something backwards

8 Likes