Scotland first country to teach queer history at school

Originally published at: Scotland first country to teach queer history at school | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Oh, it’s 21st century in Scotland, and the 17th century in the USA…

21 Likes

Here, in England, we appear to be splitting the difference; making us 19th Century.

13 Likes

At least your going forward, not the case in the States.

7 Likes

This is great news! It’s so much better than having a separate “women’s history” class or “Black history” unit, too, (which is what I first thought) because they’re embedding it right into all the subjects, which I think will be really helpful in de-stigmatizing it, especially for the younger kids.
Go, Scotland!

“We approve!”

13 Likes

It’s nice to know my Scottish family are doing things right. Unfortunately I live in England currently but looking to moving north of the border again.

8 Likes

The people in charge certainly believe it was England’s best century…

No, they’re not. Not really.

7 Likes

It’s not funny, because it is true :cry::cry::cry:

11 Likes

Kudos go to the scots for acting like adults and trying to set a good example for the rest of the UK.

5 Likes

Not really. The TERs want to go back to the 1910s, and Jacob Rees Mogg wants to go back to at least the 1820s

6 Likes

– Excuse me, sir. I think this price tag fell off of your top hat.

1 Like

2 Likes

Well, the Scots are always very friendly to everyone. As long as they’re not English of course, they fucking hate the English.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.