Sea gull picks a fight with itself

[Read the post]

1 Like

One year when I was growing up, a bird set up her nest a few feet from a window. For about 2 hours every afternoon, the sun was in the right place and she saw her reflection in the glass. Every sunny day, she would spend that time attacking her reflection. After a while, we got used to the repeated sound of flutter-flutter-flutter-WHUNK. But visitors would go “what WAS that!?” and we’d have to explain.

3 Likes

Male cardinals are the worst with this. For a couple years my wife and I had to tie plastic bags over the side mirrors of our cars when they were parked in our driveway, because a resident cardinal was convinced he could see a competing male in them. He would spend his entire day beating himself against the mirrors nonstop, shitting all over our car doors in the process.

3 Likes

Maybe he wants to show off and become a Goodfeather.

2 Likes

Yea, that video link doesn’t work for me. I got a still picture with a seagull soundtrack.

Not A Flock of Seagulls. Just one. He did sound angry.

1 Like

More like pecks a fight, amiright? Hee Hoo!

3 Likes

Is this why dogs chase cars?

1 Like

You know? You might be onto something there. Cars used to have more chrome and relective surfaces.

Or maybe they chased the car “away” and it was reinforcing.:dog2:

This person could have used your LifeHack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.