Security guard and customer kill one another in shoot-out at Indianapolis home improvement store

Originally published at: Security guard and customer kill one another in shoot-out at Indianapolis home improvement store | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Which one was the Good Guy?

23 Likes

“The people at the lumber yard are nice,” except when they shoot customers to death over alleged lumber crime!

:man_shrugging:

9 Likes

What we’ve got here is an Indiana dead off.

11 Likes

Both, and neither. It’s Shrödinger’s Bullet.

14 Likes

They were both alive, and now they’re both dead. It does feel a bit quantum.

9 Likes

I live by that Menards and have shopped there many times. You have to go through the lumber yard to pick up online orders. They’re very protective and check your car before you leave to make sure you haven’t stolen anything. It’s kind of intense and I can imagine it leading to an argument.

12 Likes

Arguments definitely happen in those situations. But let’s not upset anyone by talking about what created this particular outcome.

12 Likes

The Schrodinger’s Cat thought experiment doesn’t work so well in the real world when you can’t tell which is the experimental group and which is the control group.

7 Likes

Both of them were absolutely certain that THEY were the “Good Guy with a GUN”.

6 Likes

Lumber crime? So that has to do with tree law, right?

4 Likes

oh sure.

next you’re going to tell me that without guns there would have been a sword fight in aisle seven, that the second amendment clearly says thou shalt not kill people at menards, and any attempt to change things would be a slippery slope on our way to becoming… australian? :thinking:

hmm… well. in case any one needs a refresh:

3 Likes

“I never thought good-guy-with-a-gun would shoot MY face!”

7 Likes

Menard’s does carry knives and machetes, at least the one in my city does. Checking their website, they do carry firearm “accessories,” but not actual firearms or ammunition, unlike some of the other hardware stores in Wisconsin.

2 Likes

… TIL buying lumber in Indiana is like doing an undercover drug bust on one of those cop shows

2 Likes

Better Headline:

Guns kill good guy and bad guy.

1 Like

i honestly don’t see the relevance. yes, you can carry knives, swords, or guns in indiana. it’s the guns killing around 1,000 people there in a typical year, and wounding 1,600 more.

we don’t have an edged weapon epidemic, and we won’t suddenly have one when we finally ban guns.

2 Likes

Because if I don’t make gallows humor over it, I’ll just end up in the corner crying.

See also my comment about the UNC shooting lock down and the emails I’ve been reading about the bomb threats being directed at libraries in my area. I also have friends and co-workers that were at the local Independence day shooting in nearby Highland Park last year. One of my partners lives in the Chicago neighborhood that was recently reported here as having kids requesting the shootouts be restricted to certain hours of the day.

Yeah, I’m quite aware of the problem. I’d rather it be an edged weapon epidemic. Those don’t take out so many random bystanders.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.