Self-serve beer machine in all-you-can-drink restaurant

Personal choice we cannot argue about, for sure.

Me, personally I need at least two fingers of firm stable white foam. For me it’s quick visual proof that the beer and carbonation are OK and the glass is spotlessly clean.

Whenever I see beer without foam I will assume it is flat and the glass is filthy. I was programmed that way. :wink:

3 Likes

You just need some tubing and a funnel.

You have read the relevant chapter of HHGTTG?

2 Likes

I’ve seen these before in the ANA lounge at Narita airport. Pretty cool but mostly pointless.

giphy

1 Like

Cleveland doesn’t learn, we just change sports. https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/cleveland-fans-in-line-for-free-beer-if-browns-can-finally-win/

2 Likes

Furthermore, it cannot be a superior pint, for lo, it is the colour of wee. Should be brown, beer should.

It’s true that any amount of residual dish soap should kill the foam head. But this is why your lesser beers carry “foam stabilizers” which can stand up to soap. I guess I’m saying that you want two fingers of unstable white foam, to indicate that your beer hasn’t been laced with that stuff.

3 Likes

Dish soap is the least of my worries sir :wink:

There’s one of these in Santa Cruz, Pour Santa Cruz

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.